Poker Help Forums
Poker Stars Banner
Poker Helper > General Poker Talk » Charity Poker Tournament - Children's Tumor Foundation

Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Junior Player

Post Charity Poker Tournament - Children's Tumor Foundation

My nephews Braeden (age 4) and Bronson (age 2) both have neurofibromatosis (NF) type 1, and as a result have bilateral optic glioma brain tumors. In addition, Braeden has congenital pseudoarthrosis of his left tibia (leg bowing) due to his NF. Braeden has successfully completed 60 weeks of chemotherapy treatments and one day his tibia will likely be replaced with a steel rod. Bronson began chemotherapy treatment on February 27.

My forum, TheRoundersRoom.com, is having a tournament at Full Tilt (and running in a 10k race) to raise money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. You can read more about it here:

[active.com/donate/nfFlyingPig2008/CSteine3]

(You can also make direct donations at that link, every little bit helps!)

Here are the details of the tournament:

Tournament #44269053 20:00 ET (8 PM ET)

Name/Title: Children's Tumor Foundation
Password: charity
Date: April 23
Time: 20:00(8 PM)ET
Buyin: $5 + $5, The fee goes to the charity, the buy in to the prize pool.
Game: NL Holdem

Phil Gordon, Lynette Chan, Karina Jett and Chris Klecz are already registered to play!

Andy Bloch and Paul Wolfe haven't registered to play yet, but they have agreed to if they are around that day.

I'm waiting to hear back from a bunch of other pros and I will continue to contact them until the day of the tourney.

We also just had a gentleman donate 18 autographed copies of his new poker book and another gentleman donate a few copies of Rounders DVDs to be given as prizes.

For $10 you can play against some of the best players in the world AND raise money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Can you think of a better way to spend 10 bucks? I can't.

Sign up now! It's going to fill up fast with 4 pros. We only have 900 spots and 27 are already filled with 19 days to go!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Junior Player

Is this forum dead or what?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: